Backstage with Dewitt Jones



Truth be told … I have an abundance of words. God is good... so good. It was a great session.

The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed: those who help others are helped. Proverbs 11:25

When I reflect on the last session ... the verse above seems to capture one of the treasures I gleaned. First, I was blessed by the dynamic & heartfelt worship led by the David Crowder Band. Second, I was moved & filled by the words and images from Dewitt Jones. He inspired me and remind me of the abundant beauty of God's world... "Shout to God all the earth!" Psalm 66

He reminded me of Ephesians 1:11, "It's in Christ we find out who we are & what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ & got our hopes up, He had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything & everyone."

He challenged me in the way I Corinthians 15:58 does, "Don't hold back! Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort." My work is the life God called me to live and I want to live it with passion.Well, I’m not sure I have the words to express everything I am feeling after the first session.

We were fortunate enough that Dewitt gave us a few more minutes … check out what he had to say.

What are you grateful for after the last few hours? What do you think about the extra things that Dewitt had to say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the photos that were presented. It is so easy to try to look for the obvious and Dewitt really taught me to not try so hard to see God in nature or wherever and to praise God for what I have seen or experienced for if we don't the rocks will cry out.

Anonymous said...

I was totally impacted by Dewitt's coments on having a full cup. How important it is to find the ways we connect to God and be filled by Him so that all we can do is overflow! Thanks forever Dewitt!!!