Goodnight from Nancy on Day 2...



I finished up my day teaching a Point Leader Track at the Renaissance Center – and I’m excited for all the different activities tonight. The Art in the City folks are in for a great experience, as well as those who will come to the Film Festival. Others I ran into are heading out for a long team dinner, or even going into the city on their own to walk around and simply enjoy Chicago. One leader told me they’re heading into the city AFTER the film festival at 9:00 – she said when they come to Chicago they never go to bed before 2:00! Well, knock yourself out…I’ll think of you as I head to sleep around 10!

I always enjoy being in a room with a small group of arts leaders, tackling tough issues, interacting, helping one another think through the hard stuff of ministry – and today was no exception. I am very impressed by the quality of leadership and the devotion to learning and growing I see among the group at the conference this year. It’s truly inspiring.

I look forward to our final day and what God might have in store in both sessions tomorrow, with great anticipation and prayerfulness. It’s been such a privilege to play a part in this adventure, and I’ll definitely be sad to see everyone heading home. On the other hand…my house and children could use a little of my attention…

So to the early birds or the night owls - what are you going to bed thinking about tonight? What's on your heart and mind as you reflect on all that you heard and experienced today?

6 comments:

Adam said...

A couple of friends and I have been thinking about planting a church. I came to this conference asking God what He wanted me to do and if He could teach me and lead me in all of this and a lot of what I've experienced/heard has really been a confirmation. I've been so excited I have had a really hard time sleeping.

I look forward to what Don Miller and Erwin McManus have to say tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Here I am, spending four days away from my family who is back in Spokane, Washington and I can't help but be completely jazzed to go back to my family and love on them. If I have learned one thing at this conference it is that my time on this earth is both valuable and limited. I am excited to live each day with a passion for life, overflowing with creativity and being overwhelmed by the joy I find in my Lord, Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Will you please explain to me the package that is available in Seeds that the Willow Creek Arts Ministry put together. It is $99 dollars and with very little explanation of what the package will look like once purchased. My teammate and I have been eager to hear about this resource, but nobody is talking about it and we are at Willow. Why isn't it being promoted? Is it old news? Please let us know why we can justify spending that kind of money on your resource. Thank you so very much not only for your response, but for what you have done to pull this God event off.

Anonymous said...

I am just in awe at the way in which God has allowed all of us to learn so many things in just three days. The fact that there are so many resources and such great education available tells me that God is equipping us to do things right by giving us access to many great leaders. Yet, I have realized that the work is great, and we still need God to do some amazing things through us. I pray that He does. So far, He has been speaking tons of things in to my heart. Thank you for such an opportunity!

Alex.

Lori Finnegan said...

Hi Anonymous...the Arts Team Edition is a set of DVDs of the Main Sessions from past Arts Conferences. Each session focuses on a value - Creativity, Transformational Moments, and Collaboration, just to name a few. There is also a team process tool for each session.
Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of this year's conference came at the end of each day when I got to see every member of our team energized and challenged in exactly the way THEY (and I) needed to be. The variety and strength of breakouts was really wonderful, and the addition of the point leaders track was the icing on the cake. Thanks for designing an experience that was a perfect fit for everyone.