What’s Right with the World: Session One

When I pause to see an image… really take time to see it - I can hear music or I can hear words. It is strange I know but it has always been that way for me. It was so exciting for me to grow up and have the opportunity to marry a picture with words or music. I am indebted to artists like Dewitt for capturing so much in a single image. I am looking forward to Dewitt’s session & hearing what God has placed in a picture for me.

Get to know Dewitt better by reading his answers to our questions below.

If you go to Dewitt’s site, www.dewittjones.com, click meeting planners, photographic print sales, & then images, you will see a series of beautiful images. Is there one that captures you? One that you causes you to hear music or words?

Music: Who are you listening to these days?
I’ve been listening to a lot of Hawaiian music these days (could it be because I live in that lovely state?). Especially the albums of Keali`I Reichel and Israel Kamakawiwo`ole. These two singers understand the deep spirituality of Hawaiian music. And that spirit permeates their songs.

Books: What are you reading?
Though it’s been out for a while I finally got around to reading “The World is Flat” by Thomas L. Friedman. A mind-bending book about how technology is flattening our world (drawing us closer and closer together), it raises some wonderful ethical and moral questions about how we live on this planet.

Movies, TV or DVD’s: What are you watching? Or What do you recommend?
Not much of a moviegoer. Rather sit on my porch and watch the stars.

People: Who would you like to have a cup of coffee with?
Jimmy Carter, Barak Obama, Tiger Woods, -- would love to see how they think.

What is one thing you would say to artists and leaders who are just starting out or have been involved in ministry a long time?
I’d say the same to both, “Fall in love with what ever you are doing, each and every day. There’s no quicker way to access your creativity; no quicker way to fill yourself with gratitude and to see the world as extraordinary.

No comments: