Prayers

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

We know that for many this can be a challenging season. While we are working hard to bring a message of hope to our communities, we are often frazzled and frustrated trying to juggle the details of our home and work life. In the December issue of EQ[U]IP we asked you how we could pray for you during this season. We are praying for all who responded, and thought we would share with you the privilege of praying for our brothers and sisters.

Here are some of the requests that came in, along with response scriptures we are praying for them. Please feel free to add your requests & prayers.


Pray for our team’s good health & safety. Pray that our message rings loud & clear & that people are impacted & move toward Jesus.

"Our Great God, let us be diligent in all we do & bold in telling others about You. Father, work in us & through us, we are Your vessels. Lord, sustain our strength and protect us from harm & distractions."
(2 Chronicles 19:11, I Thessalonians 3: 12, Acts 4:29, Psalm 5:11, 3 John 2)

Please pray for me to take my time & to be humble enough to always ask for help.

"Father, we know that you have created a time for everything. Help us to rest in You and trust that you will accomplish through us what You planned.
Father, we pray that You would give us the courage to be humble, for we desire to please You & see You exalted."
(Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8, Proverbs 3: 5-6, I Peter 5:6)

Pray for me as we approach 2008. I believe it will be a good and prosperous year. I feel there will be changes for me, some of which I never dreamed. Frankly, that scares me a bit. Even though I am not sure what to expect, I know that God will guide me through. Pray that I will keep my eyes on the right Prize.

"Good Shepherd, there is no reason to fear for we belong to You. You give us strength and sustain us through all that is ahead. You provide for all we need and bless us richly, exceeding what we imagined."
(Isaiah 41:10, Philippians 4: 19-20, 2 Samuel 7:28-29, 2 Thessalonians 3:5)


Please feel free to add your responses, requests, and prayers.

No comments: