All Kinds of Thursday Action at ARISE

I’ve had so much fun today hearing about the variety of experiences connected to the Arise conference. With over 160 different workshops, scheduled conversations with leading artists, a learning expo filled with ideas and practical equipment, and 3 hour Point Leader sessions with some terrific teachers, the attenders could custom design their day.
We capped it off with the Film Festival tonight, where I celebrated creative and impactful video work from many different churches. I can’t wait to hear more stories of how today went for everyone, because I spent my day teaching small groups. I love the more intimate settings, when I can roll up my sleeves with other arts leaders and pastors and talk about the behind the scenes challenges we face in building ministries.

Most of all, I’m thrilled that we can all see we’re not as alone as we think we are, and our problems aren’t entirely unique. I love to watch us exchange ideas, affirm one another, and exhort one another to persevere and stay the course. I locked eyes with some men and women who inspired me with their stories of God’s faithfulness in the midst of tremendous obstacles. I won’t soon forget their faces – they will keep me going!

I can’t wait for our two final sessions tomorrow, including the music of Kendall Payne, the teaching of Richard Allen Farmer and Francis Chan, and a closing that I’m hoping and trusting God will use to launch us all back to our home churches with a sense of hope and tremendous resolve. What a profound privilege to be a part of this event. I am honored to be among all these remarkable individuals who give their lives and surrender their gifts to the advancement of the kingdom.

No comments: