I Met Jesus At the Best Western This Morning

I had to get up early this morning, well actually, I got up at the same time I always do, it just always feels early. However, this morning I had to get up early in Madison, Wisconsin and then drive back to the Chicago Area for a 9:00 am meeting. As you might guess from the title, I woke up at a Best Western in Madison. One of the nice things about staying at a BW is that they offer you a free breakfast. So, this morning I grabbed my luggage and headed down to the restaurant. All I wanted was tea … I don’t eat breakfast that early. So, I get my tea and begin picking up my bags. A gentleman, a service employee, approached me with a warm smile and asked, “You don’t have time for breakfast this morning?” I explained that I had a 2 hour drive and had to get moving. His face showed me that he understood, he had heard it before. He touched my arm and said, “Well, may God bless your day. May He bless your weekend.”

He did it! God had blessed my day through this man. And it wasn’t programmed. It didn’t use the latest technology. It wasn’t cutting edge in any way. But it is mid-afternoon and I am still affected by the gift of someone, a person who didn’t know me and wouldn’t gain anything from me, reaching out to me and being a part of God’s blessing. I felt noticed. I felt cared for. I felt listened to. I was inspired to be different. I was moved to be a part of a blessing.

I was blessed when I met Jesus at the Best Western. Have you met him anywhere else today?

And may the Master pour on the love so it fills your lives
and splashes over on everyone around you, just as it does from us to you.

I Thessalonians 3:12

No comments: