A Story of Hope & Determination


We all love stories of people who have overcome obstacles and Jason, J-Mac McElwain is just one of those people. Some of you may have already seen the video posted below and know his story but it is worth seeing and hearing again.



I recently read J-Mac’s book, The Game of My Life. It tells the story of a young man growing up autistic. My youngest son Max is autistic, so I was personally very interested in his story. This book is a beautiful record of J-Mac’s journey from birth to this spectacular moment in his life. This game like many moments in life didn’t just happen. J-Mac , not knowing it would ever happen, worked toward it for years. His mom, dad & brother Josh helped him prepare for this moment in so many ways. He had teachers and coaches who inspired him and gave him opportunities.

Listen to J-Mac, “It’s important for all of you to know that I’m not a hero here. I’m nineteen. I’m also autistic. My teachers, the other special-education kids and especially my family are the real heroes. Because of them, I dared to dream.”

Who is inspiring you to dream these days?

For years I have dreamed of writing a book. I don’t know yet when that will become a reality but my friend Lori regularly encourages me and asks me about my book. I am so grateful for her voice in my life … she helps me dare to dream.

No comments: